We are currently recruiting for a Director for Love Kingston
21 hours a week
salary £23,851 plus £1848 OLW - (£41,600 WTE)
2 Years Fixed term contract (potential to extend)
This is a part time role.
We are flexible about how the 21 hours are worked over the week.
Location for work is flexible, although some time should be spent in the Love Kingston office.
Love Kingston is looking for a dynamic, target driven, passionate, Director who will have the exciting opportunity to contribute and lead the campaign for Love Kingston across the borough of Kingston.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional, with the leadership, marketing and fundraising skills, to develop, implement and lead this initiative, the ideal candidate will have experience in reaching out to high net worth individuals and corporate organisations.
Love Kingston is a place-based giving scheme working to generate significant additional resources, both in cash and in-kind, to support the work of local charities and communities in addressing those needs. Love Kingston is a project of charity, Kingston Voluntary Action.
Kingston is one of two London Boroughs that, previously did not have an endowment fund to act as an umbrella fund for charities in the borough. Love Kingston supports local communities to continue their vital services, connecting those willing to help to those in need by making grants and building an endowment fund.
This role, marks a step up in the investment in the Love Kingston project, with the hope that within a two year period, there will be a corresponding step up in the schemes fundraising achievements.
This is a leadership role, for a dynamic individual with strong commercial sense, who can develop, and then see through, a strong multi-faceted fundraising programme. With the support of a steering committee, the Director will lead the project, with the overall responsibility to ensure that its fundraising targets are met and the project is sustainable.
The major areas of focus are as follows:
- Develop and deliver an overarching strategic fundraising plan for Love Kingston, incorporating community fundraising within the broader programme.
- Building relationships and communication with high net worth individuals and corporate organisations.
- Work with the steering group, colleagues and volunteers to reach a targeted legacy fund size of £250,000 by 2020. Up from an existing £100,000.
- Develop and manage a prospect list of high net worth individuals, corporate partners and key stakeholders.
- Manage an engaging and effective donor journey and ensure an effective stewardship and retention plan is in place.
- Utilise ambassador groups to extend reach and relationship with potential donors
- Manage the Community Fundraising Manager
- Be a public advocate and representative of Love Kingston to prospective donors and stakeholders.
- Oversee the financial management of the project, working closely with the Love Kingston Steering group.
- Carry out other tasks, as agreed with the Steering group, which facilitate the smooth running of the project
The successful candidate will require the following skills and experience:
- Strong background and experience of leading small teams, including volunteers in the charity sector in building relationships, fundraising, in particular with high net worth individuals and corporate organisations
- Proven experience of achieving fundraising targets within tight deadlines
- Ability to influence and persuade potential donors, colleagues and stakeholders
- Articulate and competent communicator across varied channels
- Experience in leading marketing communications, online, written and verbal
- Ability to manage a varied and challenging workload to strict deadlines
- Dedicated and consistent attention to detail
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Strong team working skills
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
Please include details of two referees.
Please also address the following question on a side of A4:
- What are the key issues you expect to encounter in the early stages of developing this initiative? and
- briefly outline some of the potential solutions
To discuss the role, please contact Nikki Earthrowl on 07956 970 515 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight 29th October 2018
Interviews to take place 12th/13th November 2018
Love Kingston is a project of Kingston Voluntary Action
Due to limited resources, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted